Previous Maintenance Innovation Challenge and Great Ideas winners include:
- 2019: Atmospheric Plasma Coating Removal – Glenn Astolfi, Atmospheric Plasma Solutions, Inc.
- 2018: OC-ALC 76th CMXG REACT Metal AM Tooling and Testing Equipment – Martin Williams, US Air Force, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, 76th Commodities Maintenance Group, REACT
- 2017: Drift Composite Heat Damage Evaluation of V-22 Wing – Justin Massey and Andrea Boxell, NAVAIR
- 2016: Automated Large Standoff, Large Area Thermography (LASLAT) Inspection System For Naval Aviation Structures – Clint Salter, NAVAIR ISSC Cherry Point, NC and Maria Frendberg Beemer, Thermal Wave Imaging, Inc.
- 2015: USCG Aviation Bonded Material Inspection System – Rusty G. Waldrop, US Coast Guard
- 2014: Laser Technology for Aerospace Maintenance and Sustainment Applications – Deb Naguy, United States Air Force
- 2012: IFDIS – Expanding Role within the DoD Maintenance Enterprise – Ken Anderson, Universal Synaptics Corp.
- 2011: Modernization of Metal Electroplating with No-Mask Conforming Anodes – George Cushnie, Advanced Tooling Corporation
- 2010: Intermittent Fault Detection & Isolation System (IFDIS) Ken Anderson, Universal Synaptics Corp
- 2009: Bolt Securing System – Ms. Julie Pereyra, NORD-LOCK Inc.
- 2008: 3FAST (Fast, Field Fluid Assessment Support Tools) – Commander Dave Scalf, JOAP
Previous People’s Choice Winners Include:
- 2017: Small Unmanned Aerial System (sUAS) – Tim Morris and David Freeman, US Air Force, 412th Test Wing, 412th Maintenance Group
- 2016: Expeditionary Fluid Analysis Capability – MGySgt Lance Baughman, HQMC, I&L, LPC-1